Walmart is an American multinational retail corporation that operates discounted stores, hypermarkets, grocery stores & more. Here at Walmart, you’ll get everyday low prices on the best products. From grocery to electronics and household items, you can buy everything at Walmart. Visit the nearest Walmart store to experience.
Walmart Protection Plan offers a replacement or refund if your product falls under the right circumstances. You can purchase the warranty and protection plan. While checking out at Walmart, you’ll be asked by their agent if you are interested to buy a protection plan.
Walmart Protection Plan:
When you are buying the products, Walmart Protection Plan is sort of extra coverage for guaranteeing. High dollar items need some sort of backup as everyone can’t afford the loss. The company issued this plan, that is called SquareTrade. SquareTrade is an insurance company, based in Nashville Tennesse. They fulfill the extended warranties.
You can file your warranty claim in two ways. One is through logging into your online program that is called Solutions Hub and other is by calling their helpline and speaking with a representative. Majority of the users have reported that this company is very fast when it comes to handling legit claims on extended warranties.
SquareTrade, the company behind Walmart care plan service don’t fuss around with small details, they just check the basics and if the case seems legit to them, they send you a new item in perfect condition. The items you receive after filing the claim are well padded to ensure that there is no damage done during the shipping process. If you want to file or track the claims you can directly call Walmart and talk to a customer representative. You don’t need to visit Walmart or wait for anything as the helpline is available 24/7. You can call anytime and ask for assistance, representatives will surely give their 100% to satisfy your needs.
This company gives you warranty and protection plan. So, you don’t have to worry about damaging the product or anything else. TVs, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, general merchandise, jewellery, watches, outdoor power equipment and you name it, this service covers it all for the beloved users. This service gives you fast repairs or replacements, 24/7 customer support & cancel anytime feature. Overall, this protection service by Walmart is worth checking out, it gives you peace of mind especially when you are investing in an expensive product.
Also Read: Slim Chickens Guest Satisfaction Survey
How to Access Your Walmart Protection Plan:
Walmart Protection Plan is located at www.walmart.com/protection. They’ll instruct you how one can register for this service and file/track a claim in simple terms. Make sure to read everything thoroughly.
- First, download the Walmart App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- After installing the application, open it.
- Now enter your credentials to sign in to your account.
- If you don’t have an account, just click on the “Register” or “Sign Up” button and fill a simple form.
- After signing in, you’ll see an option to scan your receipt to manage or add protection for the store purchases.
- You’ll be guided to add a protection plan.
- If you want to file a claim just visit the SquareTrade Walmart claim link located at https://www.squaretrade.com/web-app/launch
- Now follow the on-site instructions and enter all the information correctly to file a claim.
- You must be a legal resident of 50 United States or Canada for buying this protection plan.
- This protection plan is only valid for the products and items that are bought from Walmart.
- Read all the terms & conditions of this service before buying it.
- For getting a claim on your product make sure that it is inside the boundaries of terms & conditions.
- Your receipt is required to file a claim
If you Don’t Have the Receipt:
- Go to Walmart.com/protection
- Follow the easy instructions to save your receipt
- WalMart will save it in case you ever need to file a claim in the future
Sign Up Instructions:
- Enter the official website of Walmart that located at www.walmart.com.
- Now click on the third option from the right side that located on the top right side of your screen.
- Click on the “Create Account” option. You’ll be redirected to create an account.
- Enter the required information like First Name, Last Name, Email Address, etc. and click on the “Create Account” button.
- After verifying your account, download the Walmart App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Sign in to your account after installing the Walmart application.
- Now scan your receipt to manage or add protection for store purchases.
COVERAGES AND TERMS:
The Protection Plan will cover a mechanical or electrical failure of the Covered Products mentioned below during normal usage:
Cell Phones and Tablets:
The Protection Plan provides coverage for parts and labor costs to repair or replace Your Product if the problem is caused by:
- Normal wear and tear
Accidental damage from handling (ADH), such as damage from drops, spills and liquid damage associated with the handling and use of Your Product
One battery repair or replacement if the original rechargeable battery is defective as determined by the company and at their sole discretion. You may have to return your original defective battery to receive a replacement battery;
Damaged or defective buttons or connectivity ports located on Your Product;
For defective pixels, the company will match the manufacturer’s warranty for the Term of Your Protection Plan. In the absence of a manufacturer’s dead pixel policy, they will cover a failure of three or more defective pixels within a one square inch area of the display;
Dust, internal overheating, internal humidity/condensation;
Defects in materials or workmanship;
Operational failure caused by a power surge while properly connected to a surge protector. You may have to provide Your surge protector for examination.
Jewellery and Watch Plans:
- This Protection Plan provides coverage for parts and labour costs to repair the Jewellery if there is a defect in workmanship and/ or materials, including normal wear and tear such as: cracks, chips, scratches, dents, kinks, breaks, and thinning.
- You will be reimbursed for SquareTradeauthorized repairs to, or replacement of the Jewellery, at their discretion, if the problem is not covered under any other warranty, service plan or insurance.
- The Protection Plan provides coverage for parts and labour costs to repair the Watch if there are defects in workmanship and/ or materials, including normal wear and tear such as: watch band, case, clasp, crown, cracked crystal, inner movement and stem.
- You will be reimbursed for Square Trade-authorized repairs to or replacement of the Watch if the problem is not covered under any other warranty, service plan or insurance.
For watch band failure, the company may elect to replace either segments of the band, the complete band, or the watch.
- The Protection Plan covers only products used primarily for personal, family or household purposes or in a small office or home office setting.
- This Protection Plan has coverage for damage due to seam separation; broken hardware and pulls; seam separation of joints and welds; cracks; peeling of veneers; broken hinges, casters, slides, drawer pull/guides or swivels; damaged mechanical elements; scratches; chips; gouges; cracking, warping or peeling of finish due to normal use.
- The Protection Plan also covers breakage, chips and scratches to glass on tables, desks, wall units and cabinets, and breakage, chipping and/or loss of silvering to mirrors due to normal use or accidental damage.
UPHOLSTERED WOOD AND METAL FURNITURE:
FABRIC AND LEATHER COVERAGE:
- This Protection Plan covers damage due to separation or peeling of topcoat finish.
- Battery Coverage includes up to 1 battery repair or replacement during the first 2 years of the Coverage Term, if the original rechargeable battery is defective.
- Battery Coverage is only available for Covered Products that are new or newly manufacturer refurbished.
All Other Products:
This Protection Plan provides coverage for parts and labour costs to repair or replace your product if the problem is caused by
- Normal wear and tear;
Accidental damage from handling (ADH), such as damage from drops, spills and liquid damage associated with the handling and use of Your Product, if the coverage has been offered and purchased at the time of sale with your Protection Plan;
One (1) battery repair or replacement, if the original rechargeable battery is defective.
One (1) bulb replacement, replacement of a faulty bulb during the first three (3) years of the Term.
For defective pixels, they will match the manufacturer’s warranty for the Term of Your Protection Plan. In the absence of a manufacturer’s dead pixel policy, they will cover: Six (6) or more defective pixels for displays up to 17”; Eight (8) or more defective pixels for displays greater than 17”.
Dust, internal overheating, internal humidity/condensation;
Defects in materials or workmanship;
- Operational failure, caused by a power surge while properly connected to a surge protector. You may have to provide your surge protector for examination.
Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH):
- Accidental Damage from Handling is additional protection for damage from drops, spills and liquid damage associated with the handling and use of your Product.
- ADH does not provide protection against theft, loss, reckless, or abusive conduct associated with handling and use of the product, cosmetic damage and/or other damage that does not affect unit functionality, or damage caused during shipment between you and service providers.
- Bulb Coverage on rear-projection or DLP Television, shall have up to one replacement of a faulty bulb during the first 3 years of the Coverage Term.
- You may have to return the defective bulb.
You will be responsible for installing the replacement bulb, which will be provided to you in most cases.
If the replacement bulb is not provided, the cost of the bulb will be provided to you.
Bulb Coverage will end either at the end of 3 years or when You have received a replacement bulb or the cost of a replacement bulb, whichever occurs first.
You may have to return your original defective battery to receive a replacement battery.
IF YOUR PRODUCT REQUIRES SERVICE:
- File a claim online at www.walmartprotection.com
- If they cannot resolve the problem, you will be directed to an authorized service centre.
- Repair Your Product, or;
- Replace Your Product with a product of like kind, quality and functionality
or call toll-free at 1-877-538-4389 and
Explain the problem.
They will try to troubleshoot the problem.
SERVICE OF YOUR PRODUCT:
Depending on the Product and failure circumstances, they will either:
Provide a cash settlement or a Gift Card reflecting the replacement cost of a new product of equal features and functionality up to the Coverage Amount, or;
PLACE OF SERVICE:
- Large items will receive on-site service.
- If the authorized service centre determines your product is in working condition or is not covered by Protection Plan, they will return Your Product to You or dispose of it at Your request.
After they determine After they determine within 5 business days Your Product requires on-site service, We will assign You an authorized service centre technician and arrange to repair or replace the Product at Your location during normal business hours.
If there is a failure to have an authorized service centre technician assigned within five (5) business days, they will continue to service. Your Product and the cost of Your Protection Plan will be refunded to You at Your request.
In case of on-site service, the authorized service centre technician may bring the Product back to their shop to complete repairs.
For shippable items, they will provide a free prepaid shipping label to the authorized service centre for repair, replacement or settlement.
You will be responsible for safe packaging and shipment.
If, upon inspection, your product is determined to have experienced a failure, covered by Your Protection Plan, they will service Your Product.
Things NOT COVERED:
- Any and all pre-existing conditions that occur prior to the Coverage Start Date of this Protection Plan;
- Items sold in a private sale (e.g. flea market, yard sale, estate sale, craigslist).
Lost, stolen, or irretrievable items;
Any product that is fraudulently described or materially misrepresented;
Maintenance, repair, or replacement necessitated by loss or damage resulting from any cause other than normal use and operation of the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s
specifications and owner’s manual, including, but not limited to, exposure to weather conditions, failure to properly clean, maintain or lubricate, operator negligence, misuse, abuse, improper electrical/power supply, improper equipment modifications, attachments or installation or assembly, vandalism, animal or insect infestation, battery leakage, act of nature (any accident caused or produced by any physical cause which cannot be foreseen or prevented, such as storms, perils of the sea, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes), or any other peril originating from outside the product;
Defects due to the initial installation, assembly or hook-up of Your Product;
Cases wherein the manufacturer acknowledges the existence of a valid manufacturer’s warranty and denies a claim against the manufacturer’s warranty;
Claims made under any improperly or incorrectly purchased Protection Plan;
Cosmetic damage to case or cabinetry or other non-operating parts or components which does not affect the functionality of the covered product;
Television or personal computer monitor screen imperfections, including “burn-in” or burned CRT phosphor;
Accidental damage, cracked or damaged monitor, laptop or display screens, liquid damage, lost buttons or knobs etc., unless optional accidental damage from handling (ADH) coverage was offered and purchased at the time of sale with Your Protection Plan;
Projector or rear projection TV bulbs unless Bulb Coverage has been offered and purchased at the time of sale with Your Protection Plan;
Consumer replaceable or consumable batteries unless Battery Coverage has been offered and purchased at the time of sale with Your Protection Plan;
Consumer replaceable or consumable items such as but not limited to toner, ribbons, ink cartridges, drums, belts, printer heads, belts, blades, strings, trim etc.;
All equipment intended for heavy commercial or industrial use such as industrial printers or IT equipment; riding mowers or backhoe type products;
Product(s) with removed or altered serial numbers;
Manufacturer defects or equipment failure which is covered by manufacturer’s warranty, manufacturer’s recall, or factory bulletins (regardless of whether or not the manufacturer is doing business as an ongoing enterprise);
Damage to computer hardware, software and data caused by, including, but not limited to, viruses, application programs, network drivers, source code, object code or proprietary data, or any support, configuration, installation or reinstallation of any software or data;
Failures related to shipping damage, cleaning, preventive maintenance, “No Problem Found” diagnosis, intermittent and non-intermittent issues that are not product failures (such as poor cell phone reception);
Jewellery or watches that are used or refurbished at the time of purchase;
Rattan, wicker, plastic, or non-colourfast fabric furniture; or inherent furniture design defects including, but not limited to, natural inconsistencies in wood grains, fabrics, colouring or leathers; fading due to sunlight; or dust corrosion;
Stains, water marks or rings on furniture caused by consumable beverages, smoke or other materials deemed by Us to be caustic;
- This Protection Plan covers all shipping charges to authorized service centres during the Coverage Term
- It also includes shipping to the manufacturer if the manufacturer does not cover shipping charges to their facilities.
- The coverage provided in this Protection Plan also applies when you travel outside of the United States. If your Product needs repair while travelling abroad.
You may file a claim online at www.walmartprotection.com to obtain a claim authorization number.
They will tell you how to proceed to obtain service and you will also receive a fax number and an email address to submit your service repair invoice after the repair is completed.
Once you got your claim authorization number, You will need to carry Your Product into a service centre and then submita copy of the detailed service repair invoice, the claim authorization number.
Fax or email these documents and they will reimburse You within five (5) business days of receipt of all necessary paperwork.
TRANSFER OF PROTECTION PLAN:
- This Protection Plan may be transferred at no charge.
- To transfer this Plan log in to www.walmartprotection.com or contacttoll-free at 1-877-538-4389 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- You may cancel this Protection Plan for any reason at any time. To cancel it, log in to www.walmartprotection.com or contact Us toll-free at 1-877-538-4389 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If You cancel this Protection Plan within the first thirty (30) days after purchase of this Protection Plan You will receive a 100% refund of the Protection Plan Price.
If You cancel after the first thirty (30) days from purchase of this Protection Plan, You will receive a pro rata refund based on the time remaining on Your Protection Plan.
No fees or past claims shall be deducted from the refund and the refund will be sent to You within ten (10) business days from the cancellation request or else a ten percent (10%) penalty per month shall be applied to the refund.
More Read: Winloot Online Sweepstakes
WalMartmay cancel this Protection Plan due to non-payment, fraud, or material misrepresentation by you.
If there is cancellation Your Protection Plan, You will receive a pro rata refund.
If this Protection Plan was inadvertently sold to You on a product which was not to be covered by the Protection Plan, they will cancel the Protection Plan and return the full purchase price of the Protection Plan.
Written notice that has the effective date of cancellation and reason for cancellation will be mailed to You at least thirty (30) days prior to termination.
If WalMart cancels the Protection Plan for non-payment, then they will provide notice at the time of cancellation.
Things to Remember:
- This Protection Plan is inclusive of any manufacturer’s warranty that may exist during the Coverage Term.
It does not replace the manufacturer’s warranty, rather provides certain additional benefits during the term of the manufacturer’s warranty.
Replacement parts will be new, rebuilt or non-original manufacturer’s parts.
For online assistance and hardware troubleshooting tips, visit www.walmartprotection.com
and select the Support option.
If Your Covered Product has two (2) service repairs completed for the same problem and a third (3rd) repair is needed for the same problem, within twelve (12) month period, the Covered Product will be replaced with a comparable product or a cash settlement will be provided.
The cost of the replacement will not exceed Your Product’s original purchase price.
The total amount for repairs or replacement shall not exceed the Coverage Amount.
If they make payments for repairs or replacements, they will have no further obligations under this Protection Plan.
Provide a complete copy of proof of purchase. You can send a digital copy through www.walmartprotection.com
Also, you can provide such proof of purchase at the time You make a claim.
Purchase the correct Protection Plan for Your Product based on condition, price or purchase location.
Properly maintain, store and use Your Product according to the manufacturer instructions.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Protection Plan, or breach, will be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
- Call Walmart Product Care - 1-877-968-6391.
- You can also go to the below link and chat for the assistance: